Wednesday 21 August 2013

Eurotrip: Disneyland Paris


When I finally came around convincing my boyfriend to go to Paris with me this summer, the winning argument included one word: Disneyland. Both of us are avid Disney fans (I grew up wanting to be Belle, he loves Aladdin), so it was only natural that we would go see where the magic came from. It might not be the original Disneyland, but it was pretty awesome. Nothing was about to ruin my day, not even the rainy weather that hit us in the morning. Luckily, by the time we were done with our first ride, the sun was out.





I think Sion was aiming a little too high.


A lonely balloon up in the sky. I can already see the sobbing kid who let go of it. Funny story, my boyfriend told me he actually loved getting balloons simply to let them float off in the sky and see how far they would get. I bet his parents didn't find it as funny!


Every character in the park seemed to come with their own little entourage. This was probably the most disappointing part of the day. I had always believe that the characters walked around freely and you could simply 'bump into' Mickey on your way to Space Mountain. It was the complete opposite, as they came out at specific (and short) periods of time. They were all so crowded by children and anxious parents wanting to get a picture that it was nearly impossible to take a picture with any of them. I only managed to get a picture with Minnie before her bodyguard whisked her away.


I actually got a little emotional when I saw the parade happening, because I've been dreaming of going to Disneyland since I was a kid. I seriously got goosebumps!


After Disneyland, we went to the Walt Disney Studios, as our tickets included both parks for the day. I think the studios had the best rides of the day, since a few of them actually scared me to death. Besides, being a fan of movies in general, it was interesting to see a whole park dedicated to the great movies Disney has created over the years.



This was literally the scariest ride of the whole day! I had heard so much about the Tower of Terror and it did not disappoint. I loved it so much, but it certainly didn't help with my already existing fear of elevators.


Ah, the gift shops. You can't go to Disneyland without spending a few bucks. The first thing I got as we entered the park was a pair of mouse ears, which I obviously had to wear the entire day. The boyfriend did his boyfriendly duty and sported some Goofy ears. The stores were great, I wanted to buy everything! I finally left with a Christmas ornament for my mom and a pin for my backpack. Sion got a Darth Vader t-shirt, since he is the craziest Star Wars fan I know.




All in all, this was probably one of the best days of my life - I'm serious! I want to go back every year now. Hopefully, I'll be able to go to the California Disneyland one day, although Paris did not disappoint. It's a great park with so many rides and so many great things to do. I loved how every little detail was just perfect, everything was Disney-fied. From the buildings to the employees, nothing was out of place. It really is the happiest place on earth. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment