Monday 19 August 2013

Gay Pride Weekend


I had such a great time at Montreal's LGBT parade and Community day. My parents and I drove early into the city to make sure we didn't miss a single thing. The day was bright and sunny, which was perfect for such a joyous parade. Everyone, from children to retirees, had come to support the LGBT community of Montreal (and the world). It was a fantastic time and I definitely recommend you check it out if you're ever in the city for that time.




It was wonderful to see so many companies throwing their names to support the cause. To name a few, there were floats from Trojan, Winners, RBC and Pzifer. Winners were even handing out free flags for the crowd to wave around, which made for a colourful day. 




Comiccon was there, which simply made me more excited for the event in a few weeks. I'm so excited to see the cosplay! There were also some badass roller derby players who wowed the crowd with their jumps.






Nobody looks fiercer than a drag queen, they were all so beautiful.




Finally, here I am sporting my own waterless Pride tattoo. Mine came out a little smudged, but my dad had a perfect one. I'm definitely going to want to come back next year! The day ended with us going to my uncle's for a late BBQ, which turned into an insane water fight between our parents. They were soaked by the time we came home. I managed to stay in the safe zone and only my feet were caught in the fire. Let's just say my family knows how to keep cool in the summer. 

I can't believe school is starting in less than two weeks, and on my birthday no less. I'm excited and anxious at the same time since it's my last year of university. Nine more months and I'm an official graduate of the world, scary isn't it? 

0 comments:

Post a Comment