Wednesday 11 September 2013

Don't put dreams aside.


I think a lot about the future.

Like a lot.

And I love making lists. Lists what I want to accomplish, where I want to travel, and what I want to learn. There are many lists and sometimes I think I should write those lists on my wall to keep me inspired. Sometimes, life can be a little mundane and it's hard to remember what you're looking forward to. That's why I make those list, because I don't want to lose sight of what I want to do. It's almost like when Ellie in Up made that adventure book? It motivated her to go on her own adventures. I have my own version of that, it's a small notebook where I write whatever goes through my head. Quotes I like, ideas I have, pictures that inspire me. It's an everything notebook.

Anyway, what I want to say is that it's important to have goals and dreams and plans for the future. It's also important to accept that things won't always work out the way you plan them to. You just have to roll with it and do the best with what you have. I love having almost impossible goals, along with some very doable ones. It helps me feel like things aren't always a challenge, while also pushing me go further. I was talking about this to my mom earlier. I think goals change a lot throughout your life, but it's important not to forget about any of them. While wanting to advance your career could be your goal of the moment, don't forget that you also wanted to learn Italian or travel to Australia. Personally, I'm a very one track kind of person. When my mind is set for something, it's all I can think about. Right now, that's moving to the UK. But I want to be able to remember that I have a whole lifetime to reach my goals, which is why I shouldn't forget any of them. So I write them in my notebook.

Here's what I have so far. Some things I'd like to do within the year, some before I'm thirty, and there's plenty more I'm keeping for whenever they may come.

1. Move to the UK for at least two years.
2. Find a job that passionates me, probably in the media.
3. Travel abroad to volunteer with an animal refuge. Elephants in Thailand? Sharks in Fiji? I haven't figured that out yet.
4. Ride on a hot air balloon.
5. See the world.
6. Cook a complete turkey dinner from scratch.
7. See the Northern Lights.
8. Write a book.
9. Work in a dog shelter/own a dog shelter/Save one dog if the previous plans become impossible.
10. Work on a movie set.

What's on your bucket list? Try and get inspired by what your dreamt of as a kid.
Do you think it's better to have one single goal and work toward it, or spread yourself around?
If you could do anything in the world, what would it be?


1 comments:

  1. My ideas as a kid were crazy and way too imaginative. I wanted to build mosques made out of diamonds, gold, rubies, and emeralds (of course, that;s never happening). Nowadays, I dream about swimming with whale sharks (I can't even swim and I'm terrified of the smallest creatures)and I also want to ride n a hot air balloon but I checked that in Chicago, they cost way too much (for me). You have big dreams and I love that. I agree with you that you should never forget your dreams. I still want to build mosques but I'm definitely not planning on building them with all those riches.

    ReplyDelete