Sunday 22 September 2013

Montreal Museum of Fine Arts





Last Thursday, I went to the Museum of Fine Arts for a school assignment. My partner and I were tasked with exploring a museum in the city and we settled on this classic. I'd been to the museum before, but it's always such a fun experience. Honestly, Montreal is full of fascinating places like this one. Best of all, it's free! You only pay for the temporary collection. Right now, there's a showing on glass art called Chihuly, which is why there's a great glass art piece right in the front of the museum. Isn't it beautiful? I'm hoping to go see Chihuly before it ends, because it looked really awesome.




Fun fact: The designer of BCBG owns that very same red couch in his office. It's meant to be relaxing because it's shaped like a woman's body. A bit off if you ask me, but it has a beautiful colour.


How great would it be to settle in this next and read a good book? I want one in my house.


Sometimes I really don't get modern art.



I'm not sure if this is insane or genius.





I was kind of obsessive with this pig head. 





Typical selfie.













So, if you've ever in the city, or have nothing to do during a long break at school, why not go to the museum? The entrance is free, which is great for students on a budget, and there's so much to see. The museum holds many buildings and they're all connected to each other with underground tunnels. There's a variety of things to see, from Quebec art, to African art, to contemporary art, and I could go on for ages. It's a good place to take a friend who's new in town, since you could spend a whole day exploring the museum. 

Have you ever been the Museum of Fine Arts? What exhibit did you visit?
What's your favourite museum in your city?

TWITTER | EMAIL | TUMBLR | PINTEREST | INSTAGRAM | BLOGLOVIN


1 comments:

  1. last time we were to this museum it was when JC Gauthier presented it was a very interesting and trendy its amazing how the mode innovate through the years; and the styles remain the same

    ReplyDelete