Thursday 16 January 2014

Bombshell Volume by LashBlast Mascara


I don't usually do product reviews, mainly because I find that I'm horrible at describing a product with words that aren't "awesome" or "shit". That's as far as my judgement seems to go. After spending months and months reading how other people review their makeup products, I thought I would give it a shot. These won't be a weekly thing, and I won't promise to always review the newest thing, but I will try to review products that interested me or have been debated in the beauty world. So, without trailing on too much, here goes nothing - read more a review of CoverGirl's Bombshell Volume by LashBlast Mascara.


I bought my this mascara when it first came out, maybe about two months ago. I've been using it on and off during the month of December and January, so I have a good idea of what I like and what I don't like about it. It retailed for about $11.99 at my local drugstore, I think. I remember thinking it was a bit pricey compared to some other drugstore mascaras I had tried in the past.



First of all, the packaging is a bit of a headache for me. It's just so big! The tube itself is much bigger than the last double-ended mascara I had bought, which was the Maybelline The Falsies Big Eyes mascara. The CoverGirl one is very bulky and I almost thought it was a joke when I saw the size of it at the store. It's not very convenient if you want a mascara to throw in your purse, because it takes up so much space. Anyway, once you get over that, it's a good mascara.



I really like the formula on both ends of the mascara, although I think the first side on mine might have already dried out. I don't know if it was a mistake on my part, or if this has happened to everyone, but the first end just isn't doing much for me. I do love the second end of the mascara, I feel like the formula on this side applies very smoothly and the colour payoff is great. I do feel like this mascara does do what it promises to do, which is elongate and gives your lashes quite a bit of volume. 



Now, for the bad side. This mascara is impossible to take off! It makes your lashes rock hard, so it almost feels like you could pull them off if you weren't careful when removing your makeup. It wasn't advertised as waterproof, and I hardly ever wear waterproof mascara because of that exact reason, but it's so hard to remove it. I feel like I'm going to bed with a not so clean face, so although it's great if you want a long-lasting formula, it's a bit too much. 

Honestly, I was excited for this mascara and I love how it makes my lashes look a lot bigger, but I don't think the pros outweigh the cons. I wouldn't recommend purchasing this for every day wear, because it is so difficult to remove at the end of the day, and it is pricier than most drugstore mascaras.

Have you tried this mascara?
Was it a disappointment or was it love?
Are you a fan of CoverGirl products? I really love their lipsticks.

0 comments:

Post a Comment