Wednesday 30 April 2014

April Favourites


Another month has gone by, another favourites post has arrived. To be honest, I don't change up my makeup routine very often, mainly because I'm not buying new products every single week. I tend to buy maybe two to three new things a month, but I usually use them for a while until I buy something else.


This month, I've been loving wearing a bright lip shade. Although I miss wearing my darker shades, which were my favourites for the winter months, I'm glad to be falling back in love with colour. I've been loving my Rimmel Apocalips in the shade Apocaliptic. It's a very bright fuschia shade that simply looks amazing. I love to pair this with a cat eye flick on my eyes, and I've managed to (almost) perfect that with my e.l.f Liquid Eyeliner. This new liner is so inexpensive, it's crazy to think that it works so well. The nib is super tiny and a fine, so it works well to trace out the cat eye without smudging your eyes.


I've finally gotten on the micellar water bandwagon when I picked up the L'Oreal Skin Perfection Purifying Micellar Water. It's crazy how good this formula is. It's so gentle on the eyes, it's the only thing I've been using to remove my eye makeup and for once, nothing stings! I've tried not to use it every day, switching between my makeup wipes and this, but it's almost too good not to use every single day. I've also recently veered away from my love for Essie nail polish and picked up this lilac purple colour from Revlon in the colour Lily. Revlon nail polishes are super affordable, and they are super easy to wear. I also bought a new clear top coat, this time grabbing one from Sally Hansen Insta Dry Clearly Quick Polish, and I really love it so far. I've barely had to touch up my nail polish since Saturday, so that's fairly long-lasting in my book.


For fashion, I've started wearing my black Keds again, and I'm so happy it's actually warm enough to bring out my sneakers. I love wearing my Converse or Keds during spring, because they're so comfortable, and they're always super easy to pair with a nice pair of skinny jeans. I really want to get a white pair, but I haven't figure out if I should go Converse or Keds. What do you think? I've also been wearing this beautiful denim jacket from Topshop, which the boyfriend gave me as Valentine's Day present this year. It was too cold in February to wear, even with the sheepskin lining on the inside, but it's perfect for the rainy spring we're having. I'm also really happy with the small leather backpack my mom gave me, because it's my new camera bag on the go. She's had it for years, so I'm glad I saw it before she gave it away!

What have you been loving this month?
Have you tried any of my favourite products?

0 comments:

Post a Comment