Saturday 17 May 2014

Teeny Updates


It's been a little over a week since I've written anything and I apologize. I have a few posts in mind but I have yet to fully flesh them out/take pictures to go along. To be honest, I've been lazy as hell because I feel like the days are counting down until I leave and there's so much to do. I thought I would give you a little update about my life for the few who might be interested and normal posting will resume very, very soon (I promise).


Career-wise, tomorrow is my last day at work. For those who don't know, I've been working at a bank for the last year and half, and I'm having my last shift tomorrow. It's exciting because I was never fully-fulfilled in this job (I never set out to work in a bank), and I'm looking forward to what will come next. I am also extremely scared because what the hell am I going to do in the UK? I have no what my next job will be, or when I'm going to find it, and that makes me so very anxious. I'm the kind of person who never changes job on a whim, it was always due to a move or a better offer, but I never quit a job "because I'm bored". I don't know what to expect from the job market in the UK, but I'm hoping for the best.


Traveling-wise, my packing is basically done and I don't have half the stuff I wanted to bring. You simply can't pack for two years in two suitcases! It's impossible. I think I'm going to have to have one last run through what I'm bringing and make some final decisions because I might have thrown in items I won't really miss. The plane ticket has been bought, I'm flying out on the 30th. I'm a bit peeved because I have two layovers (one in Boston and one in Ireland) but they're not long at all, and hopefully there won't be any delays (fingers crossed).

Home-wise, the boyfriend is still on the search for a great flat for us that is close to public transportation and dog-friendly. Although some people have told us not to get a dog, we're both really, really fond of dogs and neither of us can imagine living without one. Plus, I need someone to cuddle when the boyfriend is at work. We have applied for our dream flat today, so once again - fingers crossed that we get it. The flat-hunting seems nearly impossible, I have no idea where we're going to live.

Anyway, that's my little quip for tonight.

0 comments:

Post a Comment