Tuesday 27 May 2014

The Beauty Scenario Tag




1. You have to get rid of all of your foundations and only keep one high end and one drugstore. Which do you keep?
I initially read this as a single makeup product in the high-end and drugstore categories, but this is about foundations. To be honest I haven't found the perfect foundation yet, and I've only tried two since I got into makeup. For the longest time I used the Rimmel Wake Me Up foundation, so I guess I'd keep that. As for high-end I'd probably use the NARS tinted moisturizer even though I've never tried it.

2. You go for an interview and the lady interviewing you has lipstick on her teeth. Do you approach the subject or ignore it completely?
Hah, is most definitely ignore it because I'm a horrible person and I would be too afraid to offend her.

3. You're not feeling yourself and need a pick me up lipstick. Which one do you go for?
It would have to be the Rimmel Lasting Finish Lipstick in "Just So", it's basically the closest thing to a nude lipstick that I own and it's not even that nude. It's a rather basic, mauve-y colour and it's basically my lips, but better. I wouldn't want to go with something too bright if I'm feeling down, but this is an easy-to-apply, moisturizing lipstick that I love.


4. You go back in time for a day to your teenage years. How would you do your hair and make up differently?
I think I would want to take more risks? I was the girl who basically had the same haircut for all of her life. I kept it at its natural colour (dark brown), the same cute (shoulder length) and with the same bangs (sideswept). Once in a while, I would do something "crazy" - like get blunt bangs or blonde streaks. I wish I had been more daring because these days I want to dye my hair pink and get a short bob but it seems like it's too late for all of that. I did change my hair colour drastically, but I always wished I had gone for a wild colour once - just once. As for my makeup, I wouldn't change a thing because I didn't wear makeup until I was 19 (and I stuck to eyeliner only) and I only got into proper makeup late last year. I love the fact that I waited for so long, because I don't think that young girls (especially in high school) should wear makeup, unless it's a special occasion like prom or graduation.

5. You ask your hairdresser for a shoulder length Pixie Lott hair cut but they hear wrong and give you a pixie hair cut. Do you a) smile, say thank you, leave and call you more crying hysterically or b) cry in the chair and things get awkward or c) complain to the manager demanding a refund?
I've had something similar to this happen to me once, it was back in the days where I had straight bangs. The hairdresser cut them too short, and I definitely can't pull of that look. The worst part was that it happened right before a family vacation to Peru, a photo heavy vacation, so I had to wear a headband during my entire vacation to hide my bangs. Let's just say I never want to see any of those pictures ever again.

6. Your friend surprises you with a four day city break and you have one hour to pack. Which 'do it all' palette do you pack in your make up bag?
Probably the Naked 2 palette. I don't actually own any "do-it-all" palettes, ie. those with lip colours, cheek colours, and eye shadows. I should really get one, right? It's obviously so important in case one of my fabulous friends in the UK invites me to a city break one day with one hour to pack.

7. Your house has been robbed, don't worry everyone is safe but your beauty stash has been raided. What's the beauty product you really hope is safe?
Why on earth would they rob my makeup? What horrible people, don't they know makeup is expensive and you can't resell used makeup? Anyway, I would hope most of my high-end products are safe because well, they cost a lot money, duh. I mean, I can replace a $7 lipstick easily, but losing my Naked palettes? My NARS blush palette? The horror.

8. You friend borrows and returns it in awful condition. Do you a) just pretend you hadn't noticed b) ask them to repurchase it or c) do the same to something of theirs?
What a bitch. Honestly, I'm one of those people who would probably never lend her makeup to anyone unless it was for them to try on right away (and not take to their house) because I suffer from only child syndrome and I hate to share. I would be (internally) super angry, but I would probably not say anything. Or maybe I'd say something passive-agressive, like "Wow, did you drop it or something? Looks like you used it pretty well." I don't know, I hate confrontation.

Now I want to invite every single one of you to do your own tag!
If you've done this already, leave me a link in the comments.
I love tag posts, they're the best.


0 comments:

Post a Comment