Wednesday 7 May 2014

Today is a good day.


I actually found out about this a couple of days ago, but I wanted to hold off until I had the actual paper proof in my hands to tell the whole world that I got my visa and I'm moving to the UK for the next 2 years. There are no words to describe how ecstatic, scared, excited, speechless and amazed I am about what's going to happen in a few weeks. As some of you may know, I have been in a long-distance relationship for the last 2 and half years with a lovely, cheeky boy from Wales. We have been traveling back and forth from Canada to UK ever since we met, whenever we can, and it's been just about the most difficult thing I've ever gone through.


There's been a lot of tears, there's been a lot of hopelessness. There's been too many goodbyes, and too many lonely days. All I ever wanted to say sometimes was, "when are we going to get a break?" I missed him when something good happened and he wasn't right next to me to witness it. And I am so, so very grateful that we're finally getting the chance to be together for the next two years, no interruptions.


You know what's amazing? I actually cried of happiness when I found out, and I was shocked because as emotional as I can be sometimes, I've never done that before. Not for anything. But this meant so much to me that I couldn't help it, because I was so happy. I felt like a giant weight had lifted off my shoulders and I was finally getting a break after working so hard for the last two years.

It's a very scary thing, moving to another country, but I'm eager for it. I can't wait to find a place to live, get a dog, make my own little home in the UK. I know I'm going to miss my friends and family so very much, but I'm also really happy with how supportive everyone has been. My parents are kind enough to let me chase my little piece of happiness, even if it means being away from them for a while. If anyone knows how far you have to travel away to find true happiness, it's them. They both left their country and families when they were about my age, and started in a new place and found each other. They inspire me every day to move forward and jump into the unknown and I'm happy I got the boyfriend to hold my hand through it.

Anyway, I don't want to get too mushy on you guys, but fair warning, I will be taking you along my move every little step of the way, and I hope you enjoy the ride. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment