Wednesday 18 June 2014

bareMinerals Matte Foundation


I never considered myself much a powder foundation girl. I have a lot of redness all over my face, oily skin, and general imperfections, so powder never seemed to be the right thing for me. I was always worried it wouldn't provide enough coverage and look cakey, which nobody wants. I gave it a try with the Tarte Amazonian Clay Airbrush Foundation but it didn't sit that well with me. It seemed to stick to the dry patches on my skin, and didn't provide the full coverage I wanted. Then, I got a sample pot of the bareMinerals Matte Foundation and that little pot lasted me well over a week! I was completely hooked, so I went ahead and purchased the full size pot.



I'm very impressed with this product and the price is great at £25 a pop. You only need a little bit to do your whole face, so I'm thinking it will last me for a while. Oh, and let's talk about the packaging for a bit. Isn't it beautiful? I love the matte black lid on the pot, it's easy to wipe and there's a neat little way to lock the pot so nothing falls out of it.


I have to say this has turned into one of my favourite foundations for the summertime! It's so lightweight, which is all I really want when it's hot outside. It covers up my redness and blemishes, while looking natural and effortless. It's super easy to blend in with my buffing brush, but it does tend to create a bit of a powdery mess if I'm not careful. A quick brush off my clothes gets rid of any fallout though, so it's not so bad.


Have you ever tried a mineral foundation before?
Do you like any other products from this brand?

1 comments:

  1. I have always wanted to try a Bare Minerals foundation! Neeeeeed this! xx

    www.girluninterpreted.co.uk

    ReplyDelete