Tuesday 29 July 2014

Lipstick Addict Tag


In honour of National Lipstick Day (yes, that's right), I decided to do the Lipstick Addict Tag! I'm the biggest lipstick fan, it's the probably the one product I can't help but always run to when I'm walking through the makeup aisles. I know what colours work on me, and I'm always on the lookout for the perfect red. Anyway, let's get to the tag!


1. FAVOURITE BALM/TREATMENT?
I don't try out too many lip balms, I've only ever used the cheap-y balms my mom buys from the drugstore until recently. These days, I'm a complete EOS convert. I love the different flavours, and the packaging is basically the cutest thing in the world. I hate lip balms where you have to stick your finger in and spread it on your lips, so anything that prevents that is good for me. As for treatment, every once in a while I use my Lush bubblegum lip scrub - especially if I'm about to wear a red lipstick!

2. BEST EYE-CATCHING RED?
I don't have too many reds, since I tend to gravitate towards fuschias/pinks more often. I do love my Rimmel Kate Matte Lipstick in Kiss of Life 111, it's such a pretty red. It doesn't bleed at all, and is super long-lasting! I also really want to try the Cream Lip Stain in Always Red from Sephora. Hm, birthday present anyone?


3. BEST LUXURY AND BEST DRUGSTORE?
Unfortunately, I'm not lucky enough to have many luxury lipsticks. The only one I have is a sample-sized lipstick from Urban Decay in Anarchy. It's so creamy, long-lasting and intensely pigmented. As for drugstore lipsticks, there are no better lipsticks than the offerings from Rimmel. They're so affordable, yet are top quality if you ask me.

4. BEST MAC LIPSTICK?
This is such a sad question because I've yet to try a MAC lipstick. I'll definitely be editing this the day I can choose the best one.

5. THE MOST DISAPPOINTING?
Hm, I've not be too disappointed in any of my lipsticks to be honest. I do have a few Rimmel ones that simply did not work with my skin tones, like Pink Blush which was way too pale of a pink for my lips. I have to steer clear from light colours as they really clash with the darker colour of my lips.


6. LINER - YES OR NO?
I really don't use liner at all, but I do own the No Bleeding Lips invisible liner from Sephora. I've used it on some occasions, but to be honest I can't tell if it works or not! I mean, my lipstick seems to stay put, so I think it's working but I can never tell if I've put it on okay since it's well, invisible.

7. BEST GLOSS?
I don't actually own any lip gloss (I'm such a horrible beauty blogger, right?), but I do have a few lipstick/lip gloss hybrids. My favourite? The Rimmel London Apocalips Lip Lacquers which are so long-lasting and pigmented, I hardly ever have to reapply during the day and if that's not amazing I don't know what is. I also really love those Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet Lipsticks, but they're not a gloss.

If you've done the tag, send me the link down below?
Any lipstick recommendations? I'm always buying from the same brands!

0 comments:

Post a Comment