Saturday 9 August 2014

Caramelised Chicken


It's been a while since I've posted a recipe, eh? To be honest, half the time I try to cook something new, I'm too overwhelmed to even think about taking pictures. Plus, I'm the messiest cook in the world, so I'd be a bit ashamed to take pictures of my horrific kitchen. Still, I managed to snag a few pictures of my latest, favourite recipe which is Caramelized Chicken. I got it from Home at 7, Dinner at 8, which was featured in my last FAVOURITES, and the boyfriend and I are obsessed.



For the marinade:
  • 1 teaspoon dried thyme
  • 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
  • 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
  • 1/2 teaspoon chili flakes or chili paste
  • 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
  • 2 tablespoons dark soy sauce
  • 2 tablespoons tomato ketchup
  • 3 tablespoons olive oil
For the chicken:
  • 4 chicken legs
  • 4 large red onions, peeled and cut into wedges
  • 10 cherry tomatoes on the vine
  • 4 large baking potatoes, to serve
You simply mix the chicken with the marinade in a sandwich bag. Sometimes I'll leave it to marinade for twenty minutes, depending on how much time we have. Then you put your chicken into a roasting dish, along with the onions and tomatoes, and cook it for about 15-20 minutes on 400°F/200°C. As for the baking potatoes, the recipe says you can cook them in the microwave for 8 minutes at 800W.



We actually ended up baking some chips in the oven, the easiest recipe in the world. You simply peel a few potatoes, slice them up into wedges, sprinkle some oil and salt, and pop it in the oven at 400°F/200°C for about 30 minutes, or until they look crispy. I also ignored the cherry tomatoes because I simply didn't have them in my fridge this time around, and neither of us are fans of cooked tomatoes. The chicken we used was skinless, but the savour still remained. This is such an easy meal to do, we've already had it twice in the last two weeks.


Any recipes to suggest? I love cooking new, easy things.
What's your favourite recipe when you're short on time?

0 comments:

Post a Comment