Sunday 28 September 2014

Life Update: September


I am two days away from my 4-month mark living the UK, and already some things are changing. The biggest news? I got a new job! Today is my last day working at The Body Shop store, and I am very sad to go. I will forever be grateful that they gave me a chance, allowing me to land a decent job less than two weeks after I landed here. The girls at the shop have been welcoming, sweet, and I hope we do stay in touch. I'll definitely miss the free samples, the mini-makeovers, and the general friendliness of everyone I worked with. I never thought I would enjoy working in retail again, but the team at the shop made my time there really fun - especially during a time where I felt like such an outsider.

The reason for my departure is that I've landed a job at a company that specializes in student travel. I'll be a travel consultant, helping schools plan day trips to France, or longer trips to America. I might even get a chance to travel myself! It's a very exciting opportunity, and the small team I'm working with looks amazing. I start next week, and while I'm super nervous, I'm also excited for what's coming ahead. This new job means I will be off minimum wage (Selfridges, here I come), I'll have weekends to myself (more weekend adventures!), and I'll be on a 9-to-5 schedule (with a wonderful 40 minute commute). It'll be an adjustment as I'll actually be working in Birmingham city centre (how cosmopolitan of me), but I'm excited. This also means I'm going to have to stay super organized with blogging, and actually plan things in advance since work will take up most of my time.

Either way, I just wanted to give you guys a little heads up. I don't always share too much of my personal life on this, but this seemed like an important moment to remember. New jobs are always such a huge step, especially since I'm heading in an industry where I have no experience! Still, hopefully, it'll only go up from here.

Any advice about starting a new job?
Have you ever working in the travel industry?

0 comments:

Post a Comment