Monday 15 September 2014

Maybelline ColorDrama Intense Velvet Lip Pencils


I noticed these little beauties on the Maybelline stand at Superdrug the other day, and since they had a big "NEW" sign above them, I had to have them. Obviously, right? These are the supposed dupe for the NARS Velvet Lip Pencil, which I've never used so I won't be doing a comparison. They're called the Maybelline ColorDrama Intense Velvet Lip Pencils, and I love them.



They come in ten different shades, varying from a nudey beige to an intense dark purple colour. They retail for £4.99, which is incredibly affordable compared to the NARS pencils. I've got the shades Fuschia Desire and Fab Orange. They're so easy to apply, a few swipes and you're done. They dry matte, are not super moisturising so I'd recommend using a lip balm underneath. 


They do last really long, I've only found myself having to touch-up after having a meal or drinks. The colour payoff is super great, which is all I want from a good lip product. I really want to get more colours, especially Berry Much - it looks like the perfect fall colour! Plus, they're really small and so easy to throw into your purse for the day. I love the packaging, it's very simple and sleek. Maybelline has got a thumbs from me, at least.


Fuschia Desire.


Fab Orange

Have you tried the new Maybelline Velvet Lip Pencils?
Are you a matte girl or a glossy girl?

0 comments:

Post a Comment