Tuesday 30 September 2014

September Favourites


Let's all take a moment of mourning for the end of September, my birthday month (silence). Now, let's celebrate the beginning of fall! Hoorah! Being a fall baby, I don't feel in my comfort zone unless I can step out in some ankle boots, wear a deep cherry red on my lips, and layer a cute jacket on top of my outfit. My favourites for September fall into the beauty/skincare kind, and most of them are super affordable!



Makeup wise, I've been obsessing with my KIKO Queen of Hearts Palette in Essential Brown. It has the perfect shades of brown, and it's the best size for traveling. You can sweet one shade all over for a day to day look, or create a cool, smokey eye with all four. I've also been obsessed with my Rimmel Lip Velvet in Meteoric Matte, it's such a gorgeous dark shade for fall and even better - it's matte. This is a very long-lasting product, you barely need to touch up unless you're eating/drinking. 

Similar to this is my Sephora Cream Lip Stain in Always Red, which my parents were kind enough to send as a birthday present. It's as beautiful and vibrant as all those Internet reviews promised! Finally, I got a mini version of Benefit They're Real! Push-Up Liner and oh my god, this thing is like an eyeliner revolution. To be honest, I haven't got the complete hang of it yet, but I'm excited about the few tries that have worked out. I think I'd repurchase a full-size version of this once this one runs out; it's super long-lasting and bold.


As for skin care, I picked up this Wild Argan Oil Rough Scrub from The Body Shop, after falling in love with the body butter from the same range. This. smells. amazing. Seriously, get yourself to a shop and just give it a sniff, you won't regret it. This has been leaving my skin super silky smooth, and it's gentle (in spite of the name) on the skin. I've also been using the Camomile Silky Cleansing Oil (for months now) and I've never mentioned it! This stuff is wonders for removing makeup, it even works on the Benefit They're Real! Push-Up Liner, which shows how effective this is. It's wonders on my oily skin, so don't be scared to give it a try!

What have you been loving this month?
Any new discoveries or old favourites?

0 comments:

Post a Comment