Tuesday 4 November 2014

Life Update: October


This is what I can gather from my latest update/instagram feed: I like taking selfies! Hah, might have to work on having more creative pictures up there, but I'm such a lazy bum when it comes to instagram. Anyway, here's what's been going on in the month of October.


I started a new job! Been there for a month now, and I love it. I'm a travel consultant for a company that specializes in school travel. It's been super interesting learning about all these wonderful cities that are just a plane ride away. It's also given me the travel bug! The boyfriend and I are hoping to go away for New Year's, and I'm planning a few weekend getaways right here in the UK. London, York, Oxford, just to name a few... Any ideas on where I could next?

Last weekend I went to my second blogger meetup! It was by FABB Events, and I had such a great time. You can read all about it right here. I have no future meetups in the works, but I hope something will pop up soon because they're always so fun. It was really great to see some familiar faces, and meet some lovely new girls. I also got my hair done that day, and I think I might start getting up a little earlier to recreate this look.

Biggest highlight of the month: Getting to see Ed Sheeran in concert! Tickets have been on sale for months, and we didn't think we could get any decent seats anymore. People were even selling them for over £100 on Stubhub. I thought this would be the third time that I'd have to miss out on seeing Ed sing live, and I was a little heartbroken. The day of the show, I called the ticket office out of desperation and managed to snag some tickets with an "obstructed view" - turns out there was no such thing as Ed doesn't have anything on stage to hide the view! He was so talented and amazing, and it was the best night ever.

A little accident with my old glasses forced me to buy new ones! I went to Specsavers and got this lovely pair for only £89, which is a bargain if you ask me. I'm thinking of maybe getting a second pair in the new year, just because it's boring to wear the thing on your face every single day.

Happy Halloween! Halloween was a little bit of a mishmash of emotions this year. On one hand, I had so much fun doing the boyfriend and I's zombie makeup, and I was so happy to see a few trick-or-treaters knock on our door. On the other hand, we didn't find a single soul in Solihull in costume when we went out for a drink later that night. Solihull, you majorly let me down. I was definitely missing Canada this year, as we definitely know how to do Halloween in a big way. I guess now that Halloween is over, I can focus on the really important holiday: Christmas!

I have to give a little shoutout to TGIFridays, because the boyfriend and I go there pretty often and we always have the best service. Two weeks ago, we were waiting for a table and for some odd reason, our table alarm didn't go off. We still got seated after a long wait, and then waited for ages until the food came. While this was a little annoying, the staff was nice enough to get us drinks on the house because we had been waiting for so long! What else do you need on a Friday night? They really made the evening turn around, and as always the food was flawless.

How was your October?

0 comments:

Post a Comment