Wednesday 3 December 2014

Birmingham Comiccon & Memorabilia Show


A few saturdays ago, the boyfriend and I decided to go to the Birmingham Comiccon & Memorabilia show, and it was a great day out! In the grand scheme of things, we should have planned better, but we still enjoyed ourselves very much. We got there around 1 pm, thinking we'd buy some ticket and be in quickly. Boy, were we mistaken - why don't you click ahead and see what happened?

Badum. Queue of the century. We had to wait over an hour an half until we managed to get in, and by then we only had a few hours left until it closed up for the day! The worst part? The next day we went back to the NEC for the Festive Gift Fair (a disappointing event that I won't be talking about unfortunately) and there was no queue!

Still, we managed to have a nice little surprise while we waited...


A Star Wars parade!






If there's one thing I've learned from going to Comiccon in the past (to see my post about the Montreal edition click here), it's that it's mostly merchandise, costume, and celebrities (who may or may not be actually famous depending how obscure your nerd knowledge is).



I don't even know what this is supposed to be, but I like it.


How gorgeous would that LOTR canvas look on a wall? Even I can dig it.


The boyfriend was very excited that cast of Red Dwarf was there, he even brushed shoulders with Chris Barrie! I had no clue who they were, but I tried to catch a few pictures for him.









The Toy Story army men!




Robot Wars!



Can I add this to my Christmas list?




It's Cary Elwes from The Princess Bride! He seemed so nice.



Literally the one good picture I could take of RJ Mitte from Breaking Bad. I really wish I had queued to meet him! It was so late by the time we got in, you couldn't meet anyone anymore. 


A happy boyfriend.


Did you go to the Birmingham Comiccon? I think the Montreal one is better - simply because it's way less crowded! This one felt a little hectic to me, there were so many people. I wish we could have spent more time perusing the comics and the stalls, but we ran out of time so quickly! And waiting in line for so long completely killed our poor feet. Still, it was a great day and I'm looking forward to next year's edition!

0 comments:

Post a Comment