Sunday 18 January 2015

Urban Decay Vice 3


I absolutely needed to make a post about the Urban Decay Vice 3 palette, because it has become my new baby and I feel like it's such a versatile palette. I was lucky enough to get this for Christmas, and I haven't been able to put it down. It's such a beautiful palette. Urban Decay will probably always be my favourite makeup brand, because it isn't ridiculously expensive for high-end (I'm looking at you, Tom Ford), it's consistently good, and I have yet to meet a product of theirs that I didn't like. 


Look at that, even the box is beautiful. 


This palette came in a regular box, but inside it was also inside this cute little pouch. I've been using this as a makeup bag and it's great travel-size. The palette has somewhat of a mirror effect, and this cool design that blends in many of the colours featured in the palette. It has 20 eyeshadows (20!) and I'm pretty sure they're all brand-new colours, but don't quote me on that. 



I love that the shadows are presented in a way that you could match them up by row to create an eye look. They're very soft, pigmented, and one swipe is all you need. The colours blend together beautifully, and I feel like you truly get a variety of colours. There are some gorgeous nude shades for an everyday look, but enough exciting colours for when you want to do something more daring. I've been sticking to the browns/purple lately, but I really want to play around with the blues/greens some more. 


I've been very happy with this palette so far, and I definitely recommend it. In spite of having 3 Naked palettes already, I don't feel like this is too much of what I already have because of how different these colours are. You get many shades to play around with, so I believe the possibilities are endless. Now, if only I had more occasions to bust out the intense eye looks... Once again, UD have made me a very happy girl - and I can't wait to see what they come up with next. Next on my wishlist? Their lipsticks and Naked foundation! I have enough eyeshadows to last me a lifetime (not that it will ever stop me from buying more), but I really want to try different products from them. 


Have you tried the Vice 3 palette?
Do you think it was worth the hype?

0 comments:

Post a Comment