Tuesday 23 June 2015

Murals, Mussels, and Mushrooms


These are from our second and fourth day Brussels, as we spent Day Three exploring Bruges! The weather was really amazing when we visited Brussels, so much that we both regretted taking our jackets out on the second day! We somehow, miraculously, managed to get one of our jackets inside my teeny-tiny backpack.

Click below to see more!

We found the Royal Palace of Brussels, and wow! What a gorgeous building.


Pretty streets in a pretty city.


The boyfriend and I both stopped to stare at this lovely bum.


Super Strength. 


We ended up visiting the Belgian Comic Strip Centre, and this was such a great visit if you grew up reading any Belgian comics. The Museum has a lot of information about all kinds of comics, even some that I had never heard of before. I would have liked to see more interactive exhibits, but it was still a very interesting visit.



They also had the best souvenir shop!


I found a nice little home in the Smurf section of the museum.



The one thing you'll notice about Brussels is how many street murals there are, and often enough, they're of comic book characters. 


The cyclists waved hello when they saw I was taking a picture - I love Belgians.



La Monnaie is actually a theatre in Brussels, which I was not aware of when I first saw this building. This area of Brussels was really nice, because you had the main high street with a lot of amazing shops (though we skipped on the shopping for more exploring!) and lots of waffle stands.



The one sight that was on my list was the famous Manneken Pis, which if you've never heard of it, is probably one of the strangest tourist attractions in the world. Belgium is a strange and lovely country to say the least, especially when one of their biggest attractions is a tiny statue of a little boy pissing. The boyfriend watched all of the tourists surrounding the statue is awe and shock, while I giggle like an immature child. 



Beer.


Mussels! If you've ever in Brussels, you should definitely have "moules frites" which is basically mussels and chips, the best combination in the world. 


And that's the end of our days in Brussels. I still have one more post (Bruges!) to go up, and then that's a wrap of the travelling post for me. Not forever, but the boyfriend and I won't be going abroad this summer as my parents  are visiting us in September, during which we're hoping to go to London, Dublin, and maybe Paris. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment