Tuesday 25 August 2015

A Fresh Start


I'm not sure whether anyone has noticed or not, but my blogging has been, for a lack of a better word, pretty much non-existent at the moment. I could blame it on the busy work season that was summer, the lack of inspiration, or general laziness, but... I'm not sure why I stopped writing. Maybe because the last thing I wanted to do was open up Photoshop, edit through hundreds of pictures, and deal with the Blogger platform.

So I've changed a few things and a few things have happened.

My content has been lacking because I've been so uninspired lately. What originally started as a beauty blog has morphed into a little bit of everything. So a lifestyle blog is what I'm settling on. There might be the odd beauty bit here and there, because I still very go ga-ga over a new lipstick shade in Boots, but I'm hoping to incorporate more lifestyle/travel content as I have slowly been doing in the past. I want to write about things that make me happy and things that captivate. I want to show the world the places and sights I discover.

Now for the personal bits. The year 2015 has become a big year of new as things and plans have taken shape. I dabbled in a little bit of travelling in the first half of the year (ParisCopenhagen, and Brussels), got engaged in July (still smiling from ear to ear about that one), and my parents are vising me in exactly 24 days. The boyfriend and I have discussed future plans, both wedding and travel and general sightseeing in the UK. I'd like to cross off Italy, Germany, and perhaps Portugal off the travel list in 2016 (but the wedding plans might get in the way - who knows!) I'm very happy at my current job. I still dream about the day we'll be able to own a dog (and a home!) but will settle for cute Youtube videos of puppies for the time being.

This post is a little bit all over the place and maybe that's because I haven't done this in a while. I feel rusty and distracted and I hope things will come back around to normalcy soon enough.

I just thought I would write a little heads up for the few people who are following me and may be wondering where I had gone off to. I'm still here.

B.

0 comments:

Post a Comment