Thursday 27 August 2015

One Day in Bruges



I've left these photos in the back of my mind for so long, but it's actually nice to look through them months later and remember what a nice holiday we had in Brussels. During our 4-day trip, we took a train to Bruges (after watching In Bruges in the flat the night before!) and explored this quaint, medieval town for an entire day.


If you hear anything about Bruges, it'll be that it's very pretty and this is very true. Everything looked so beautiful and historic and charming. I loved it. The town itself is very small and you could do most of it in a day. We heard that it's very popular for couples, and I can see why. Between the canal rides, the horse-drawn carriages, and the medieval buildings, it's a really great place for a romantic getaway.


The Markt of Bruges, a large square the Belfry and the Provincial Court (pictured above!).


Canals! Bruges has many, many canals and everyone recommended taking a canal cruise to discover the town. Unfortunately, neither of us had any actual cash on us that day and they do not take card! I guess we'll have to go back.


We stopped for lunch in a nearby shop, where they had the best meal deal in the world: a panini, a waffle, and a drink for less than €10! What a bargain and what a delicious waffle. I don't believe I had enough waffles when I was in Belgium - only two in four days! It's a shame, but I should have made more time for waffles.



The Belfry of Bruges. We managed to get in the queue to go up the tower right before it closed for the day! Handy tip: While the tower is open until 5pm, it actually closes earlier in order to make sure that the last people go up at 5pm. So be there on time! You'll get really amazing view of the entire town.



My favourite door in the entire world.




 Look at that cute little face. I couldn't resist snapping a photo when I saw what a great time this dog was having napping on his windowsill. What a life.


Have you been to Bruges before?
What was your favourite part of the town?

0 comments:

Post a Comment