Tuesday 16 February 2016

Pembrokeshire Highlights


We were probably most excited about showing my parents the countryside that is Pembrokeshire, because that is where the husband is from. They have heard countless stories about the castles, seaside towns, and welsh pubs, so it's safe to say we were really excited to show them a different part of the UK.


Our first stop was Swansea! It's a special place for us, because that's where the husband and I met. We met with his nan, and went to a pub lunch in town.


Then we wandered around the Clyne Gardens.



Before ending up at Swansea Campus!


During our time there, we did many things, but I thought it would be best to just show you a few pictures from our five days down in Wales. There were days spent with family and days out exploring. We went to one of my favourite coastal towns - Tenby.



We spent some time on Harbour Beach, where my dad immediately felt right at home, splashing out. He loves the beach, so it's a shame that September is slightly too cold for proper beach weather. I think next time we'll have to go to Spain!


Standard group picture. The Canadians meet the Welsh.




Next stop - Pembroke Castle! This is my favourite castle in all of the UK (so far) because there is so much of it that you can explore!




We also made it all the way to Cardiff on our last there, but for a short morning. I really hope I can take my parents to Cardiff again, because they really enjoyed it but we had so little time there! They visited again for our wedding (pictures coming soon), but no one had time to visit anything because of the wedding craziness.



Cardiff Castle is very impressive because of the beautiful rooms you can visit. They've been preserved really well, and you can see so many intricate details. My favourite part was the ceiling below - I could have stared at it for hours.



Have you been to Wales? What did you see?
Have you ever been to North Wales?
It's on my list of places to visit, but I have no idea where to start!

0 comments:

Post a Comment