Saturday 11 June 2016

Mini Sunday Haul


Do you ever get that feeling where you just want to spend? You know what I mean, you just really fancy something new and shiny, for no other reason other than you feel like it?

Do you ever get that feeling?

That was me on Sunday, so I prompted the husband to take me to our local Boots and TK Maxx for a little browse and came back with this mini loot.


First, I hit up Boots, my second home. I had heard that NYX had finally arrived to UK shores through Boots, but hadn't actually been in store to find it. They didn't have it at the Boots in the Bullring in Birmingham, but this local one had two huge stands dedicated to NYX! You should've seen my face as I told the husband he could go away for a bit while I explored everything.


While a lot of things caught my eye, I ended up purchasing a single Soft Matte Lip Cream in Cannes because I had heard so much about this shade. It's quite famous in the beauty blogging world, I'll have you know.


Second on my hit list was the L'Oreal Paris Nude Magique Cushion Foundation. On a side note, why are foundation names getting longer and longer every day?

I have the Lancôme Cushion Foundation already, but it's a shade slightly too dark and I can't really wear it unless I'm a bit tan... an impossible task in England. I really wanted to try the first drugstore cushion foundation, and I have to say I'm very, very pleased.



I did a little dance when I tried both the foundation and lip cream at home, because I instantly loved both so much. I'll have a more in-depth review soon!

Then we hit up TK Maxx, my second second home. Have I mentioned the TK Maxx and Boots are a 5-minute walk from my house? It's dangerous. I mention this to everyone I know because it's such a talking point for me.


We only went in to buy some flip-flops for the husband, but then I saw this cute pair of blue floral Flossy shoes, and then had to go home with me. TK Maxx stock these every year, and last summer I bought a leopard print and a baby pink pair, so this is the third one in the collection! These shoes are so affordable - regular price is £21.99 for the original ones on the Flossy website, but they sell them for TK Maxx for £9.99! They are also very comfortable and durable. The inside sole does tend to get dirty quickly, but I wear them with some shoe liners to keep them neat.

What have you bought lately?
What else should I try from NYX?

0 comments:

Post a Comment