Sunday 22 March 2015

La Roche-Posay Effaclar Duo + Trio


I feel like I don't feature a lot of skin care on this blog, and to be honest it's because I never really had a clue about my skin. I still don't! My skin type used to be oily, oily, oily and nothing else. I'm all about the mattifying powders, the matte foundation, and the non-oily face products. I have been dying to try out the La Roche Posay Effaclar 3-Step Anti-Blemish System ever since I first heard about it... somewhere. I've always had trouble with spotty skin, and this is supposed to be one of the best skin care system. It retails for £32.50 at Boots, but you get 3 full-size products, so it's not that pricey in my opinion.

In this kit, you get a foaming cleanser, a toner (exclusive to the kit) and the Duo + (a kind of treatment/moisturizer). I've been using this kit since the beginning of January, and I have to say - it works. it got rid rid of all those pesky "time of the month" spots that I always get, and these odd little bumps  that I had on my forehead since forever.


I have found the cleanser to be drying on my skin, so I try to switch up between this and cleanser from the Body Shop. The toner is great, it doesn't sting your skin at all, and really leaves your skin feeling matte. The Duo + is a moisturizer? A treatment? It's a bit confusing, but to be honest I think this is what made the difference with my skin. This product is probably my favourite out of the three, and I'm definitely going to repurchase this. I don't use this twice a day, I like to use it in the morning because it sinks into the skin quickly, and a stronger moisturizer in the evening.

I would definitely recommend this kit if you can get your hands on it, but if it came to repurchasing I would probably only buy the Effaclar Duo +. While I loved the cleanser and toner, the cleanser was quite drying and the toner didn't blow my mind away. These days, I don't even have to use the treatment portion of the kit every day because my skin has completely cleared up - amazing!

Have you tried this kit from Laroche-Posay?
What are your favourite products from the brand?
Any other skin care brands you would recommend me trying?

0 comments:

Post a Comment